Use Google Analytics to your advantage
Moneypenny’s Live Chat portal is a great place to see all the chats that have taken place on your site.
But it’s equally important that you track live chat completions in your Google Analytics account so that you can understand the true value that it brings to your site. This will be extremely valuable to you and your business, so keep reading to find out more:
There are loads of benefits to tracking your website’s live chat in Google Analytics:
- You can understand which pages on your site generate the most chats
- You can analyze how users interact with chat across different devices
- Investigate chat performance across different marketing channels, e.g. SEO, PPC, Email etc.
- Attribute chats to your marketing campaigns
- Integrate with your Google Ads account to understand which keywords and campaigns drive chats
By setting up effective tracking you can start to see the commercial value that live chat brings to your site.
How to set-up live chat Goal Tracking
Tracking live chat in Google Analytics is now really straightforward and can be set-up in a few minutes.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Navigate to the Admin section and select the appropriate website view in the third column.
- Click into Goals
- Select the red and New Goal button;
- You will be taken to a Goal set-up page, where you will find template goals; under Inquiry you will find live chat as an option;
- Name your Goal, you can call it whatever you want, and ensure that Event is selected under Type;
- You will then be required to fill in the Category and Action sections as below;
- Continue to monitor the Goal Completions closely for the first 7-10 days to ensure it is tracking correctly.
And that’s all you need to do; in 8 simple steps and in less than 5 minutes, you can get live chat set-up and tracking in Google Analytics.
If you need more information on setting up Goals in Google Analytics, Google themselves have a huge amount of information in their Analytics Help section. For more information on setting up Google Analytics itself, please see the official Google documentation or if we can help with any further information or support, give us a call on 866.202.0005 – we’re always here to help.